View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 01:26 PM

jamieof has a spectacular aura aboutjamieof has a spectacular aura aboutjamieof has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fluoro Vs. Mono For Leaders / Tippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
One disadvantage not mention is that fluoro simply does not break down. It has the half-life of the planet Earth and the flouro you throw away today will still be around when your great grandkids get married.>>>>SNIP
Very good point Jackster. As much as it P's me off to see garbage in the woods (especially of the aluminium and plastic kind) I agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
SNIP<<<
As for tipping with the stuff; watch those blood knots, test them well because you are joining two different materials. With time I grew confident of my knots but in the beginning many broke while I was testing them. I used the Orvis knot for attaching flies regardless of what kind or size.
Thanks Hardy.

The Orvis Knot is one I didn't know existed and may now become a standard for me.

As for attaching the tippet to the leader, normally I use a Double Surgeon's Knot, but see there's an Orvis for that purpose for that too. Any thoughts on either knot for leader to tippet?

Jamie.