View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Fluoro Vs. Mono For Leaders / Tippets

Hi Red Owl,

I figure that any knot will work, even a double square knot. The blood knot is what I was taught way back there in the years and I have never saw any reason to try something else. When tied properly it gives a nearly perfect alignment of the sections and is as strong as the materials will allow. Learning the knot (I don't use any tool) is just like everything else about fly fishing, you must be determined to get good at it. There are multitudes of variations for doing things differently than the ways that I learned but I have virtually no expertise outside of my own practices. If you currently use something other than the old blood knot and it's working for you I would do like I do and stay the course.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;