Thread: Pawn Hoppers?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pawn Hoppers?

Think that's hilarious? I used to work for a wholesale distributor of propane equipment and appliances in Dallas and had to talk to Hank Hills all day long. Didn't exactly improve my opinion of that crowd. These guys were supposed to be sales reps, but they would call in, have me flip to a picture in the color flyers we distributed and say, "yeah that'n, she thanks that'n's purdy, I need all 'at." They had no idea what they were buying, they just wanted me to put their order together for all of the 12+ items in the picture. They just figured it was a way to get somebody to use more of that "propain gase"

Even better was when I got to trouble-shoot their screw ups after they attempted to assemble the thing without being able to read.

Really kind of scary, considering these guys are dealing with explosive gases all day.

I should follow all that by telling the outsiders that these numbskulls are not representative of the average Texan. We have plenty of perfectly of intelligent, sophisticated, and evolved folks as well. But they're not nearly as much fun to poke fun at.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.