View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 08:20 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best Waders: Simms Vs. Orvis

I had three pair of Orvis ProGuide series waders. The first three pair leaked after limited trips and what I would consider "easy" usage for me on waders. Orvis sent me a 4th pair of their PG's when the 3rd pair leaked on me during a trip. On that trip I bought a pair of G3's because I needed some boots and was not going to buy another pair of Orvis waders because I just got wet on yet another pair.

I give Orvis credit, they sent me another pair (which I just traded for a rod), but I never wore them. Went to the G3's and have not looked back. Kept them as a back up pair for a while but figured they were never going to get out of the closet with those G3's.

Another item mentioned here is the fit. Those G3's fit excellent - like a pair of pants. I love them, their breathability, their durability, and their functionality.

Great waders.