View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 02:58 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sharkskin Line- good/bad

I remember talking with Bruce Richards, the former Scientific Anglers lead designer about guide wear. SA has a machine that tests guide wear with fly lines. There was just as much wear on the guides with Sharkskin as a standard finished line meaning the wear was very insignificant.

I have put over 50 fishing days with a Sharkskin GPX on my 5 weight. So far no line burns on the guides.

That rod also saw about 10 fishing days with a Sharkskin Ultimate Trout Taper when the line first was released. I had to retire that line early. Sharp rocks and fly lines don't mix.

MP

Edit: You can use Stripee finger guards, or you can tape up your fingers with athletic tape. I usually wrap my fingers up. I don't have issues with the line catching on both items.

Last edited by MoscaPescador; 08-25-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: added something