View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Road Trip to Bend, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysh' View Post
Great pics Larry.

Great place to stay, I think I've been in all of the cabins atleast 3-4 times each lol! Always very clean and comfortable. Jake runs a first class operation.

Glad you got to enjoy a burger @ the Saddle Sore, my favorite is the Green Chili and Swiss Burger. Their meatloaf special on Thursday gets rave reviews from everyone I've seen try it, maybe I'll try it next time we're there.

This area offers so much diversity in water, tail waters, Spring Creeks, small streams, freestone rivers, and stillwaters too.
Fysh: Thanks! I couldn't agree more, Jake and Michelle are great people and run a great place to stay while in Swan Valley, ID. Last year the Saddle Sore had a kitchen fire so it was shut down so we missed eating there and went next door to the Angus (I think that is the name) instead, it wasn't nearly as good food. We ran over to Victor in the mornings for breakfast, found a great place called the Scratch with great food.

I agree the South Fork and all the other water around there make this a wonderful place to fish. I just wish it was closer to home. I saw lots of boats running up stream with motors, then drifting back down.......certainly one way to beat the shuttle issues below Conant.

Larry