View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 08:54 PM

Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Re: Redington Rods

smwwondra: Was it Redington you were speaking directly to that told you this or a shop your purchased the rod or some other fly shop If it was the shop you purchased the rod from were you speaking to the owner?

If it were me and it was the shop where you purchased and if it was not the owner of the shop tell this I would ask to speak to the owner if he was not in I'd ask when the owner will be in. I'm mentioning this, because I have a Sage rod, they own Redington and recently the tip on this rod that I've owned for a very long time broke while fight a fish. I went into the shop I purchased it from years ago and told them about it and all they did was ask if I sent it in. I then went to another fly shop that I have also done business with for years and in talking to the owner I told him about braking the tip of the rod and he told me to bring it to him and he would ship it to Sage and I would not have to pay for shipping. That man will have all my local business from now on.

By the way I also own a Redington, but its a CT 9' 6wt. It has been an excellent rod and its one my favorites.

Sounds like you got a lemon. If your were speaking with the owner of the shop where you bought it. First he'd never get another dime of my business and secondly I'd contact Redington directly since the rod is only 2 weeks old you might be pleasantly surprised at what they tell you. They may be reached at 866-498-7243.

By the way instead of hijacking this thread which is about a specific Redington rod, you should have started a new thread.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.