View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Confessions of an ignorant, torn, happy and possibly unworthy noob.

There's nothing like a brook trout Michael,

There are big trout, there are small trout but when you have in the palm of your hand a brook trout you are holding a link to the distant past. I don't push books often but......... I got myself a copy of Nick Karas's 'Brook Trout' In the late 90s and found it a great learning tool. I've always been into learning about the science, biology, and theory that are the foundation of my outdoor pastimes. This fellow did a bang up job of educating me on brookies. I've fished for these jewels from their southern most range in the tiny rivulets in the mountains of North Georgia all the way to Gos Mourn in Newfoundland and tried to hit as many places in between as was possible for me to do. I will call the brook trout (actually a true char) my favorite fish.

Not every brook trout I caught would fit in the palm of my hand

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;