View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: When tying a weighted fly ?

Hi tie one on,

For the bigger flies you are talking about I like to add the weight to the body. As you stated you can adjust the way the fly sinks by shifting the lead along the shank. I like to lay down a base with thread and then add the wire weight. A few thread wraps to hold the wire in place and then glue everything together. I don't wrap the weight real close together so the glue will get to the thread underneath. The glue will guarantee that the weight will not spin around the hook shank and give a good base for the body. May not be the best way but it works for me.