View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:02 AM

Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default 10' 3 and/or 4wt Blanks

I am already planning my next rod build which I would like to be a Czech Nymphing Rod. I have recently visited Steve Korbay's website and I believe I'm going to hire him to teach my son and I Czech Nymphing.

While on his site I learned of the Greys Steamflex 10' 3 & 4 wt rods. They are very moderately priced and Steve says they are the best Czech Nymphing rods he's ever fished.

I've contacted Greys to see if the have a U.S. distributer for just the blank and I'm waiting for an email back. In the mean time besides the Dan Craft that are like $170 Four Rivers rods I am wondering if any of you all know about others that are good quality, but are $100 or less.

Also would a cork reel seat look good with a full wells grip. I'm thinking about a cork reel seat for the weight savings on such a long rod.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.