View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Orvis Hydros vs. Orvis Superfine rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxer View Post
Sasha

Any idea what they have in store for the HELIOS in 2011?

imxer

No idea I was more interested in the ultralight stuff.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by patyer View Post
I noticed that with the sale which originally caught my eye. I looked around but couldn't find any info on what the replacement was going to be. What is the benefit of an unsanded blank? I'm looking forward to getting a new setup but I can wait if something better is on the horizon to put into the mix of possibilities. Thanks again everyone.

The old Orvis unsanded blanks were some of the nicest casting rods I have had the pleasure to fish. My 1st fly rod was/is an old Orvis 8'6" Henry's fork unsanded blank. I have cast the original superfines as well.

However everybody likes different things. Some love ultra fast broomsticks and some like wet noodles. I would go cast a few and see which rod suits you the best.

I think I am going to pick up one of the new superfines in a 1wt when they come out. There is not much info on the net about them yet. As a matter of fact I called somebody I know at an Orvis shop to ask about the rod (when can I get one type of conversation). His first words to me were "How did you hear about that rod".