View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: doing the double haul

Welcome to the forum,

If you look around in the threads in The Fly Cast, you can find some videos on this. Below is my own explanation.

I get the best line speed by giving a yank just after the power stroke begins. At the stops I shoot line to lengthen the cast and then repeat the stroke / yank until I have what I want out. Once I reach the terminus (distance wise) I let the remaining line shoot on the delivery cast. So, yes it can make a difference when you make the 'haul'.

That's how I do it, there are people who teach this who may not agree with what I do.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;