View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: doing the double haul

Hi Everyone,

Jackster wrote: "I find pantomime really helps get the timing down. I think that is an old Mel Kreiger tip."

That is absolutely true. Anytime you have spare time you can practice your timing by making the casting stroke with one hand and the haul with the other hand. Mel's old "Down Up" instruction works great. You don't need a rod or even be outside. I did a couple of practice hauls sitting in front of the computer screen just to see when I do it. I start my haul about the same time I begin the acceleration to the abrupt stop and finish just about the same time I stop.

Frank