View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 04:11 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Thumbs up A little slice of heaven...(w/pics)

I thought I would share a secluded little spot that is just a stone's throw from the megalopolis that is Los Angeles.

The 5-7 acre pond is on state parkland and requires only a short hike of about 1/2 mile. I've only run into another fisherman one time, and go there fairly often.

It is full of gills and 1-2 lb. bass. There may be larger bass in there, but I haven't caught anything larger than 2 lbs.

Click the image to open in full size.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't get to experience moving water as often as others on this forum, but where there are fish, I thoroughly enjoy offering them a fly.

These pictures were taken during the spring, when Southern California is at its greenest. The fish go crazy for anything smaller than size 10, and they really go ballistic for rubber legs and bead heads.

When I feel the need to wet a line, this is usually where I do it.

Cheers,

-VB