View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 06:07 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: A little slice of heaven...(w/pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by von behr View Post
I thought I would share a secluded little spot that is just a stone's throw from the megalopolis that is Los Angeles.

The 5-7 acre pond is on state parkland and requires only a short hike of about 1/2 mile. I've only run into another fisherman one time, and go there fairly often.

It is full of gills and 1-2 lb. bass. There may be larger bass in there, but I haven't caught anything larger than 2 lbs.

I don't get to experience moving water as often as others on this forum, but where there are fish, I thoroughly enjoy offering them a fly.

These pictures were taken during the spring, when Southern California is at its greenest. The fish go crazy for anything smaller than size 10, and they really go ballistic for rubber legs and bead heads.

When I feel the need to wet a line, this is usually where I do it.

Cheers,

-VB
Nice picures but HUGE for a web forum. Luckily, this forum reduces them once loaded but they still take a while for some to load and take up a lot of resources.
Do your viewers a favor and try taking them down to 750-800 pixels wide.
Signed,
Just me being cranky again!