View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 11:39 PM

TheFlyMaster will become famous soon enoughTheFlyMaster will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Intro and pontoon question

Hi mowthat,

I own a Dave Scadden pontoon, great bunch of folks at that shop. I was actually surprised I was talking directly to Dave the first time I called for some info.

I have the same one your looking at except I got the bladderless H2 series. It might be minor, but I like the fact that it doesn't have rings on the ends of the pontoons, less things for your line to get caught on.

I use a 50lb thrust transom mount trolling motor on mine, but you need to use a piece of 2x4 as well and they designed the back of the plate to fit a 2x4. At first it might feel a little flimsy and probably could be beefed up a little, but it holds up. You might need to brace the plate a little more if putting a stronger heavier motor on though, just call North Fork and they will tell you what you need to do.

The boat can also be converted to a 3 man with an extra seat frame. I've done this alot with clients and is actually quite stable. the trick with bigger pontoons (2 man and up), especially when using a motor is balancing it out. You start figuring it out your first few times out, but you need to factor in your own weight, then also decide how much you will be standing, because it puts more weight in the front when standing up in it.

But overall I'm very impressed with his boats, been beating the heck out of it chasing smallies in Northern Minnesota and still running strong. Up where I live, you don't ever see 2man or bigger pontoons, let alone one persons, just hasn't caught on yet, I think there might be just 2 of them up here. You should see some of the looks I get and all the questions I get from people

Good luck and tight lines everyone!
arrowheadflyangler.blogspot.com
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."