View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 05:55 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salmon Fly Tie-Along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
Neil,

That is such a huge help!

I had no idea that you could read the book online (I might have saved my self some money if I had ). This will make it easy for everyone in this tie-along to follow along with these pattern.

All,

If you have not already clicked on the link in FISHN50's post, then please do.

Thanks,

Pocono

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelkay View Post
Can someone tell me what page the Grub Pattern fly is on? I am trying to see via the link provided, but cannot find a picture of the actual fly. I have a small assortment of black feathers, or dark...but probably not the quality needed on a salmon fly. Most of my good feathers are grizzly.
Kelly,

Tom doesn't show a close-up of the finished grub pattern, but you can find a pretty good approximation of it on p.114; Figure 39 (page numbers are at the top of the page, not the bottom).

Don't be put off by the head in the picture (Figure 38), he tied all his flies on eyeless hooks; the eyes were actually made from gut; tied onto the blind eye hooks. Purists still use this method, but I use hooks with eyes instead; and the results are, I think, very reasonable. If you want to be a purist, then read chapter VII; where you'll learn how to tie on gut eyes.

Pocono