View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: It's Another Opin 10 wt TCR Yes it's pricey BUT

Hi Bonefish,

The Sage TCR is a heck of a rod and I am surprised that you didn't think the lighter weights cast as good as some other makers. I only know about the 6wt and it seems to be a super rod to me. Don't get me wrong, I understand you are not saying the lighter weights are not a good rod. It is very true that certain rods weights by certain makers are super rods but if you try a different length or different weight in the same rod, it just doesn't cast the same. Rod design is a complicated thing and I am surprised that the makers do as good a job as they do.

Thanks for the heads up on the TCR 10wt. You are right about building your own rod from a kit. Just about anybody can do it with not too much equipment. The hardware in the kits are the same that the maker uses on the completed rod.