View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 10:23 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Upper New River Smallmouth Float/Drag Trip On 09/23/07 & 09/24/07

Ain't the New grand? I only wish there was some water in it!

Not to hijack, but we floated that stretch in a day. I would NEVER try that again with the water so low. We did more rowing and sliding over rocks than fishing, and my arms and shoulders knew all about it for days afterwards.

Here's my old report:

A couple friends and I raided the New River yestersday in hopes of tagging some smallies.
Though the fish weren't in the bitingest of moods, we got into 'em fairly good
The river was low and going slow at times. Read that, we gotta row through THAT?:
Click the image to open in full size.

Through hours of laborious tedium (yeah, I wrote that!) we did find a few moments of excitement:

Nice bass:

One of mine, thank you very much Mr. Anthony Hipps for the soft-body poppers!:

This guy vacuumed 'em up all along the float!
Huntin' and stalking:

It was a long day for sure, not helped by the low water but shirtsleeve weather, zero boat trraffic (probably for good reason), happy, dumb fish and good company leaves me yearning for more (when I recover that is!)!