View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 01:45 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fishing Terminology

My girlfriend, her friends, and I were sitting around and chatting. Some of her friends fish. Some don't. Throughout the conversation, we would use fishing terms that they would not understand.

So I'm starting a thread with some fishing terms. Feel free to add. If the term is a local one, feel free to add that too. It could be helpful for those getting into the sport.

I'll start with four terms.

Walter - A large fish. It was the nickname that Henry Fonda's character, Norman, in On Golden Pond called a large trout that he was trying to catch on his homewaters.

Homie - A large wild fish. I learned this term from one of my guide buddies. The local river we fish is full of wild trout.

LDR - Long distance release. The fish releases itself a long distance away from the angler.

PMD - Pale Morning Dun mayfly.

MP