View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 10:09 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sportfishing Industry Asks EPA to Dismiss Petition to Ban Lead in Tackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonsteel View Post
I have seen this topic URGENTLY posted on boards like it is an attack on fishermen. People complaining about the cost that it will bring.

What about cost to farmers that get less water due to the needs of salmon and steelhead? My point is not that farmers should get all the water they want, their financial end result being optimal over the wildlife. In fact I am sickened how a decent amount of water from the delta that is threatening fish with extinction only goes to multimillion dollar corporations WHO GET THE WATER AT A DISCOUNT (FROM THE TAXPAYERS) THEN RESELL IT TO THE TAXPAYER AT A GOOD PROFIT!!

Looking at other boards where this topic is posted as a urgent notice to fisherman to attack it, the exact harm of lead in our waters is never mentioned. I never see a post saying "look, the science <source> says that lead does not pose a danger", only "it is going to increase our costs X%."

Seems kind of hypocritical to me.
The salmon and steelhead were there long before the farmers.

I'm not sure where you're going with the big $$$$ corporations getting water and selling it back to taxpayers. That went way over my head.

I've seen the same subject on other boards and there is quite a lot of questions and only a few mention the $$$$ cost to the fisher, the retailer and the manufacturer. I doubt if there are many companies today that really rely on just selling lead jigs, split shot etc. You have to diversify to suceed in todays world.
There is a lot of questions regarding where IS the scientific data.
So here it is again.
WHERE IS THE SCIENTIFIC DATA AS TO THE DAMAGE THAT LEAD DOES TO WILDLIFE (and I don't mean peta's fabricated stories)