Thread: Poll on PFD's.
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poll on PFD's.

Fysh: That is indeed sad news. Sure makes you think twice about wearing a PFD. In the past I have only wore them wear it was mandatory, the Green River and the Colorado River (guided trips, but I wear mine while floating there also). The other day from shore I spotted a nasty looking snag sticking up on the SF that looked like it could really cause some problems if a boat accidently ran into it. PDF's really boil down to comfort, they can be kind of bulky and hot when wearing them in the middle of the summer. I think I'm going to look into getting a few of those inflatable models for my boat. Thanks for bring this to our attention, I think most of us get complacent about wearing PFD's when on the water.

Larry