Thread: Poll on PFD's.
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 03:10 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poll on PFD's.

I said all the time. That's not quite the whole truth but close enough.
In my kayak, I've never been out without my PFD on full time. In my canoe, I only wear it when the water is rough. The difference is that I normally only take the canoe on small ponds in calm weather. The kayak is mostly ocean going and I've been out in some pretty rough seas and know conditions can change quickly.

Back 25 or so years ago, my friend and roommate Bruce was out duck hunting on the eve of Christmas eve. Little tin boat, big stupid dog, out on Long Island Sound. Storm came up, dog came back but they didn't find my friend 'till spring.

My cousin Jon drown too back in the '60s. He was at a canoe summer camp in northern Quebec. They were on a river trip from Hudson Bay when his canoe flipped. He stayed with the boat as he was instructed and was never seen again