Thread: Poll on PFD's.
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poll on PFD's.

Thanks for responding folks. All of us need an eye opener now and again.

We picked up a couple really nice PFD's from Cabellas two years ago when we bought our last boat, they have been comfortably tucked away in the bench seat since. Not very smart on our part, because if needed in an emergency more than likely we would not get to them in time or even be able to get em on if we did.

Now, I know that wearing a PFD can also be a hazard if you are to get pinned by the current against something like a rootball (snag), or even up under something, I've seen diving knives that come with the plastic sheath that can be attatched to the PFD, so I also plan on getting a couple of them in the off chance they would be needed to cut ourselves loose. At that point it may already be too late.

Larry, something to think about if you buy the inflatable PFD's. They are not a legal PFD on the Green below Flaming Gorge. We bought a couple and found out later on when we were there that they were not approved. Thankfully Cabellas took them back in exchange for the one's we have now.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*