View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 04:01 PM

Flyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud of
Default Re: South Western/South Central Pennsylvania Fly Fishing

I did my seminary studies in Latrobe, PA. There's some catch and release trout fishing in nearby Ligonier, PA on Loyalhanna Creek. A fairly tight stream, but access/wadeability is easy along a little city park.

Very picturesque little stream that runs through a beautiful gorge all the way through to Latrobe. Mill Creek joins it at Ligonier and also has trout.

Ligonier's a neat little town, very historic (complete with an old British fort you can walk through), and has a couple of flyshops, including an orvis dealer. It's worth a trip in itself.

I never fished it, but the Youghigeny river (sp?) has an excellent reputation, though I'm not sure about access. It would be closer to you.

Here's a helpful link Fly fishing Pennsylvania Rivers and Streams