Thread: Bahamas
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 02:26 PM

bonefish41 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bahamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
A small group of us are heading down to Dead Man's Cay this November for some bonefish fishing. I've been to the keys once but that doesn't count. I've fished the salt for blues, stripers & Albie's up here in the North so I have an 8wt & a 10 wt with floating & intermediate lines for both rigs. My question is what should I expect down there, Wind, Flies to Bring. rods to use. etc. Some of the guys I'm going with have fished in that area but at different times of the year so I figured I'd ask this super "talent pool" for advice.

I will post photos if I catch anything
Additions to my last post:
What brand/model of 8-10wt?
I assume you are going to be casting from poled flats skiff and from your post you have not done this before...stripped line management when on the casting platform is critical...with or without wind got to keep the line on the deck but cn't take your eye off the fish...even if you have never done it before ,after a couple of fish closing on the fly you will know when they take it then straight back with strip strike...feel them first then strike don't strike until you feel the take in your strip hand...even if everybody says strike...don't ever raise the tip until you've got him on

your going to be in the sun for 7-9 hours take two liters of water drink one by noon the other by 3.. start one day before...don't wait to be thirsty by then it's too late ...you'll be still fishing at 4-5 when others won't...make sure your boat partner has his water so he does not gloom on to yours

clousers with lead eyes and bead chain eyes 4 to 1/0 white, yellow, black, lime/chartruse, gold....bead chain charlies 4-6 sparsely tied white, yellow, gold.