View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 05:32 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salmon Fly Tie-Along?

Ard,

Thanks for sharing.

That's a really interesting point about the effects of fish taking the fly. I noticed that you used flat tinsel, as opposed to oval tinsel; which makes a lot of sense for the purpose that you're using it, since oval tinsel wouldn't give you the ability to cover the wounds stem. In that configuration, you'll have a natural slant to the rib; somewhat "up" facing back where it's over the stem and somewhat "down" facing front where it meets the body material (with a yarn body, you won't see it because of the softness of the body material, but I would expect that you would see it with a floss or tinsel body).

I like the effect with the schlappen. In the water; which is where we all really care about the fly's effectiveness; how attractive it is to the fish, it's going to give a mobile dark body with flashes of red and silver.

What do you use for head cement?

Allan