Thread: Streamers
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Streamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer09 View Post
Thanks A Lot! I'll look into starting to accumulate some stuff for his flies, problem being they look relatively tough to tie.

Sorry this should have been in the general tying section, but since it's here I dont think it would hurt anyone if they could "share" some of their patterns.
Lancer: I agree, I guess that is why he commands the prices he gets for those articulated streamers. For something simplier, you might try different versions of the Wooly Bugger. It has been around a long time but still catches lots of fish. Here is another idea, these Bite Me Buggers do real well on the North Platte: Bite Me Buggers

I also like John Barr's Slump Buster: Charlie's FlyBox - Colorado's Best FlyShop and online Fly Tying Tutorials

Here is Charlie Craven's version of the Sex Dungeon: Charlie's FlyBox - Colorado's Best FlyShop and online Fly Tying Tutorials

You might also take at look at some of the great looking patterns in last years streamer swap: Trout Streamer Swap, Fall 2009

You might find something of interest in last years Wooly Bugger swap: Wooly Bugger Swap?

You might also want to look over the great streamer patterns that Chris has posted in this thread: Classic New Zealand Streamers

Larry

Last edited by mcnerney; 09-20-2010 at 10:17 AM.