View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Turning Over Popper Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee hooker View Post
You also don't mention the style of popper. Something like a Lefties bug or Gurgler will turn over easily. Something that is fat with lots of hackle and rubber legs will have more resistance. For this type of popper I like to open my loop a bit.
Good one hooker,

That was my first thought, if you are going to use the rod you have you must adjust for the action of the rod. Slow things down, let the line completely unfurl on the back cast and work on timing to open the line loop. Shortening the distance will allow you to get it working then you can experiment with lengthening it a bit.

However what Frank said about having difficulty hooking up at 50+ feet may come to be a reality.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;