Thread: Why barbless?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 09:40 AM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why barbless?

I have read and heard several posts regarding this subject. They clearly state that they both leave holes in the fish and that Barbless DOES do as much damage.

Google search and you will see this.

My thought is, the faster you can get the hook out and the fish back on it;s way, the better and that is where BARBLESS rule. That and those non rubberized nets...ARGH!

I hear the Bait fishermen freaking out over the lead issue and I am sure, they would freak out more if they couldn't have that little keep on the hook tip.

I agree, as for fly fishing, not needed, but I do like the perk of squishing the barb and that nice little bump for a dropper in the river.

I do try to squish mine before tying as I have broke hooks when doing it.