View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 09:49 AM

Silver Doc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from new old angler

Barbara, The boots don't keep your feet warm since they are not waterproof, but they allow water all through them. It's the neoprene stocking feet on the waders that are waterproof. and this is what keeps your feet dry, plus the layers of socks that keep your feet warm. You will love trout fishing and also being from N.Y. you will love the salmon and steelhead fishing. I'm from Altoona (transplanted from N.Y.) and have some of the best streams in the East to fish. I'm only 20 miles from the famous Little Juniata River and have access to Spring Creek, Penns Creek and so on. Also do alot of traveling to fish even as far away as Scotland for salmon. It's a disease and now that I'm retired I can fish whenever I want. Of course there are "Honey Do" days, but that comes with the territory. Up until July of '06 I fished in the winter, but 71/2 hours of open heart I was shut down untill early this year. I guess I'm trying to make up for it this year. In any case look on the internet at the various fly co's. that make warm clothes and also you can't go wrong with Cabela's. Enjoy. Frank