View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hello from new old angler

Welcome to the group! Sounds like you're getting good advice on socks to keep your feet warm. I'll throw in 3 other tips.

Make sure not to have your boots too tight. Tight boots constrict blood flow, and the warm blood coming from your torso is the way your toes are going to get warm.

Keep your head warm. This doesn't sound like it would have much to do with your feet, but your body knows that the head is the most important part of the body to keep warm. (with the brain and all) This means your body will give your head the priority for getting warm blood over your feet.

Lastly, keep moving. Standing in one place in a cold stream for a long time is the best way I know of to get cold/numb feet.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.