View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 01:16 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cliff Outdoors Fly Boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
I have not used or seen one but I was disappointed that the size of the box wast not posted with the description. I don't know how to judge it without knowing the size.
Frank
Frank, I noticed that on another website, the "new" Cliff's Outdoors Super Days Worth fly box is stated to be 6” x 4” x 1 5/8”. It may be a leap to assume the "Super" would be larger than the "non-Super", but that's probably a reasonable assumption (it may also be a replacement model, which moots the original question). Although (like I suspect most of us) I have accumulated far more fly boxes than I can actively use, I must say I'm tempted with this one. For the Rockies stream/river wade fishing for trout that I do, this box would seem to hold all the flies I need on the stream; midges, dries, streamers - even Buggers - in a pretty efficient wind-resistant manner, letting me get by on the stream with just this and my indispensable Orvis Dropper Rig fly box. It's easy to see why it was the American Angler "KA-CHING" Award Winner for 2008.

Neil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cliff Outdoors Super Days Worth fly box.jpg (69.2 KB, 15 views)