View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Sage XP vs. Sage Z-Axis?

Hi Neil,

The reason I thought the XP 7wt would be a more all-around rod is I think it is a little slower action, but still a fast action, than the 7wt Z-Axis. As I stated, Sage makes the Z-Axis 7wt and up rods with a stiffer tip. Keep in mind that I have not cast the Z-Axis and that is why I suggested you call Feather Craft. If you drop down to the Z-Axis 6wt rod it will have a softer tip and I bet there won't be much difference between the XP and Z-Axis. The XP is one of Sage's most popular rods and I don't think they would come out with a replacement if it was not as good or better.

I will say again that I wouldn't buy any 10' rod with out casting it first. Joni has a 10' Orvis that she likes a lot.

Frank