View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 08:48 PM

Flywgn will become famous soon enoughFlywgn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: An F-ing Day on the Big Wood

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm really sorry that I didn't see these replies sooner. Careless of me not to look.

Had a GRAND day on the Big Wood this past Tuesday. Skunked on Silver Ck in the a.m., but made up for it that afternoon on the B W.

A friend from Franklin, TN, was in town, so I secured a guide from Lost River Outfitters for the day. Our friend is in show business and is on tour with a couple of days break. She wanted to "drown some flies", so we set out early Tue a.m. to meet the guide at Silver Ck. God, there're big fish in that stream! I've been skunked there before, but usually I release a few nice ones. Not this time.

My friend managed a few small ones, but none of the submarines cruising upstream. Browns are beginning to spawn and we didn't throw any of the really big attractors at them, just a dry with a dropped midge.

After lunch we fished near Hailey and my guest had hardly gotten her line out before bringing a nice fish to hand. As the day matured I was satisfied, so dropped out in order to take some photos of her in the river. I won't post any now until she chooses ones she might want for her own use. We lost count of the fish she released. None was over 15 or 16 inches, but lots of them. She did have a larger fish on at one time but failed to bring it to net.

I was quite satisfied with my day, especially since I began to have success after I convinced our guide that I wanted to ONLY use a dry (a #14 Adams). I loved it.

Another nice day on the Big Wood.

We're off in a day or two for the Owyhee.

Thanks again for the good wishes.

Allen R