View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 11:31 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waders.. Teach me..

Lots of great advice given as to what makes up some of the differences between lower priced and higher priced waders.

Something else to consider if you are getting ready to purchase new boots.

You may be one who's blessed that can pick up "standard" types of sizes. I am not. I am a firm believer that fit can be factored into how quickly waders break down. Seam location, as mentioned is also key.

When looking for new waders these are the key points that I try and consider:
  1. Fit--make sure they fit and are comfortable.
  2. Features--multi layers, seam location, pockets, suspenders, etc. gravel guards built in, bootfot vs. stockingfoot, etc.
  3. Warranty/product reputation-speaks for itself.
  4. Price--go with the best product in your price range.
  5. Use--using for warm/cooler temp fishing, travel, backup waders vs. primary, light hiking vs. heavy bushwacking, etc.

With all of that said, I have 2 sets of waders. One for cooler weather/bushwhacking that has multiple layers and another light weight pair that get use in warmer temps. This way if one pair goes back, I am not stuck without waders.