Thread: New CDN member
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: New CDN member

Hi Bruce,

Welcome to the forum. I use to troll flies from a canoe and it works well. I didn't have a trolling motor but that was not a problem. You need to troll Streamers to be successful. Dragging other flies behind a canoe gives them an unnatural movement. Now you can use other flies if you drift the canoe with a soft breeze. This can be very successful. Streamer flies are mostly imitations of minnows or sculpins.

Allen Fly Fishing does give our members a discount. You need to tell us a bit more about what you primarily fish for. It has a bearing on the rod and reel you buy. Where are you fishing? I know you mentioned Pike but is that your Target fish or you just know they are there to catch. If you primarily fish for Trout or Smallmouth Bass your 6wt would be a good choice. If you are after Pike most of the time than a heavier rod may be appropriate.

Frank