View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 10:02 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Broken Rod Poll;

I already posted in the other thread, but I have broken 2 in the last year, both stiff flex and both I have to say are probably my error. One, I snagged a tree on the back cast and when I sent the rod forward, the rod did not follow; the second, I was flinging a weighted wooly bugger, and I can only guess that I had hit the "new" rod with the fly once or twice and had damaged it, cause when I flipped the bugger upstream, the rod snapped just above the ferrule. Cabelas replaced both rods, with no complaints and no questions asked. The second one was replaced and I was back on the water within an hour of breaking it - I happened to be about 15 minutes from Cabelas when it broke. The second one could have been a manufacturers error possibly, but, I was flinging heavily weighted flies with a tungsten bead, so, I am guessing it was my fault. interesting enough, though maybe not significant, both of the rods I broke were stiff flex 4 piece rods, I have never broken a medium fast flex or a 2 piece rod (knock on wood, bamboo, graphite, etc).

d