View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 10:02 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Salmon Fly Tie-Along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I used fur pulled from a hares mask and dubbed for the body. I've had that mask since ........... well I've had it a long time. They will make a lot of flies for you, I did not like leech yarn because you can see the cord it is attached to. I ended up pulling the fibers off the cord and dubbing it.
I cannot do a hare's mask, they freak me out a little. My daughter would have a fit if I had one of them in here. She already hates going in the freezer...you never know what material will be in there. I had a fox tail in there once, and she screamed...lol. (she is 19 now)

The leech yarn was for something else. I decided to try Off The Hook. I got enough salmon hooks to hopefully last the duration of this tying class. I also got the Haretron there in March Brown. I have dubbings that would work probably, but no Haretron. It is cheap, and I don't mind getting that. A lot of this stuff though I am going to have to substitute a lot. It would cost me a fortune to get all these materials. If it is possible though, could the ingredient list be made like 2-3 flies ahead of time so I won't be in a bind waiting for materials to arrive? I get a bit stressed when I know I am behind, and now waiting for this package will certainly put me behind schedule. If it cannot be done, it is no big deal, I just like to feel relaxed about the material list, and not worried about a shipment. I live in Texas, and I hope the shipping from Off The Hook is speedy...lol. I am really loving the flies that everyone is posting. Also getting some Woolite might be a good idea. Thanks for all the help here.