View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 08:51 AM

estrother has a spectacular aura aboutestrother has a spectacular aura aboutestrother has a spectacular aura about
Default Orvis Superfines are on sale for $475.

Since you said others, you might want to look at the Orvis Superfine rods. They are on sale; a new Superfine series is coming in the spring of 2011. According to Orvis the new series will not have sanded blanks; I think that they are trying to lower the price of the entire line to account for the Helios Ion rods.

In any event, I have fished a Winston Boron IIt (a truly great rod), and I found it nearly identical to my Superfine in every way (including the beautiful dark green blanks - the Superfine are a dark olive). When I bought my Superfine 3wt 7.5 ft several years ago, the total cost with the free BBS reel promotion was ~$500 for the line, reel and rod. When I purchased my Superfine 1wt about a month ago, the total cost with the sale prices on the rod, BBS reel and Superfine Wonderline (Rio Selective trout is what I understand) plus the 20% off e-mail coupon on everything was ~$500.

Try the Superfine. You might find it does it all at a lower price without any regret in any area.