Thread: Loomis Fly Rods
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Loomis Fly Rods

Hi mhclayton,

Well you are all over the map with the rods you are looking at. I have not cast them but here are my thoughts. If you prefer a med-fast action you may find the Cross Currant salt water rod a bit fast. The GL3 in the Classic is a med-fast rod and that may work for you. The GL3 is a mid-priced rod and won't be finished as well as the more expensive Loomis rods. You might want to look at the Steelhead/Salmon series. It is available in the GL3 configuration in the med-fast action. I think you will find the GL3 rods are a little heavier than the GLX and be careful that some come only in two piece. For Alaska you will want a 4 piece rod. Maybe someone who has cast this rods will give us their opinion.

Frank