View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: New US Forum Alignment

Jackster,

I am not sure I follow your logic. GA and NC are both in the Eastern time zone and they would be grouped together. These time zones are not a hard and fast rule. Just a basic way to assign specific states to a particular forum. The present forums have Ga,SC,NC in a group and MS,Al,Ten and KY are in a different group. That will stay the same.

Time zones may be too limiting how about something like this:

1. Pacific Region

2. Mountain Region

3. Central Region

4. Great Lakes Region

6. Eastern Region.

I have spent the afternoon looking at this. The above Regions works the best with the original forums. This layout will allow all of the states that were with other states to remain with each other. I would have liked to have a Gulf Coast region but the states are divided so that doesn't work well. I don't want to do this so a member can't find old threads associated with his state.

None of this is hard it is just a matter of deciding a format that meets the most needs. We now have eleven different forums that covers fishing inside the US. The threads associated with a particular state will still be associated with that state. You may have to go to a different Forum to find them. All of the forums are searchable and if you want to find information about fishing in a state, just locate the forum (region) the State is assigned to and do a search for your State. You should get a bunch of fishing information about that particular state.

Everyone, thanks for your feedback and suggestions. Keep them coming. Your comments will have a lot to do with any changes or if no changes will be made.

I will put together the Region/State break down to see what you guys think. That may not be till tomorrow.

Frank

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Hi Everyone,

Here is the breakdown of the new forums and what states will be in that forum.

West Coast Region

Oregon, Washington, California and Hawaii.

Mountain States Region

Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Nevada.

Central States Region

Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas.

Great Lakes Region

Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.

East Coast Region

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida.

Let me know what you think?

Frank

Last edited by Frank Whiton; 11-19-2010 at 08:33 AM.