View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 05:23 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Number of Forums

If you really want to reduce the number of forums (thought I do not think it is a serious problem as is) I would suggest consolidating. Some logical places look to be: taking the entire FAQ section and divvying all those and making them permanent "sticky" threads at the top of their prospective forums. For example there is a "casting" FAQ which could go live in "The Fly Cast" general discussion forum. The "tying" FAQ forum is the busiest one with all of 50 posts, I believe that is because if someone is looking for info on tying they will go to the Tying forum and ask a question.

Seems like there are a lot of Classifieds and they don't get used much, can you consolidate there? The ebay forum is enormously popular, and I think it is a pretty sweet link, but honesty, I just went and clicked on the "rods for sale" forum and there are like 100 pages. If I am seriously looking for a rod on ebay, I want to search for some specifics and not see every rod available. But it is popular.

Then after you rearrange the geographical areas, move that block up a little bit and I think everything will be great.

This is a great site Frank, and mostly because of all the info. It is better to have a lot of forum to keep this apart than too few that are cluttered.

My 2 Cents! Thanks.