View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Brwon Trout caught in Brook trout waters

Just be careful not to run into a F&G officer when you do it. The way things go, the guy who is trying to set things strait will be the guy who gets caught moving live fish. Someone put those browns up there, if you find them in number and ranging from little to big, it's way too late to save the brookies from takeover. As a precaution why not call DCNR and find out if the State put those browns up there?

I used to fish in Cohutta, Ravens Cliff's, and Tear Britches wilderness areas when I lived in Georgia. Rainbow trout were resident in some streams because of introduction made by the State during the last century but have been introduced / relocated from the West since as early as the late 1800's. They are pretty common up there. The browns have been around a long time too but when I lived in GA. 1990 - 1992 they were not to be found in the high country.

I enjoyed finding Red Eye some of them pretty good size that would take dry flies and wets up in those creeks too.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;