Re: Favorite "loop" knot?
It is interesting how someone takes a standard knot and does something diferent to the tag end and calls it a new name. Some don't even bother to make a change and just renames the knot.
1. The Uni knot is the Duncan Loop with no changes.
2. The Rapala knot is basiclly the No-Slip mono knot with the tag end wrapped.
3. The Orvis Knot is the Figure Eight Knot with the tag end wrapped.
4. The Trilene Knot is a Clinch Knot with two loops through the eye.
5. The Double Palarmar Knot is a Palamar with an extra loop through the over hand knot. (I take credit for this knot)
The most important thing with any knot is how you tighten it. Good knots fail because they slip and they slip because they werent tighten correctly.