View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 10:51 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Close call

One more... It was spring and the Hennies were thick! I walked in quite a ways for solitude with my all time favorite four weight. It was a long winter and I couldn't hardly wait to get that rod in action again,
I arrived at my spot, stripped out some line and discovered that rod just did not work anymore!
Is it possible they go sour over time? Was it my line that was the problem? Did I string the thing up right?
Everything checked out okay... line was strung up properly so there were no missed guides or wraps around the blank. The line was a brand new T.O.L. Scientific Anglers and was as smooth as can be.
That rod just would not shoot line so back to the Jeep I hiked to get another rod. At the Jeep I donned my glasses and gave the rod one more once-over before breaking it down (or selling it for $5.00 to anyone who happened by!)
I somehow lead the fly line through the foot of the stripping guide!
All was well with the world after that and I learned to always wear or carry glasses when out and about.