Thread: New Sub-forum
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Sub-forum

As you can see this is a work in progress---

The process for entering new patterns is a little clunky for now, but hopefully the "cheat sheet" sticky will help a bit. if you do try and enter a pattern and have trouble just shoot me a PM and i'll do my best to help.

And down the road we hope to have a more user friendly and robust search feature to sort and locate patterns on a number of criteria-- type of fly, difficulty of tying (beginner, intermediate, advanced), fish species etc etc.

Hopefully this will grow into a neat resource for new tyers, for folks that have been tying awhile but want to learn some new tricks, for sharing classic, regional and new-fangled flies, introduce "new" materials, and spark creative juices as folks incorporate ideas and techniques into their own patterns. It might also generate a lot of good questions and suggestions on techniques, materials and fishing tactics in the other forums.