View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 01:34 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Taking a dunk with waders on

I don't think it would be a good thing, I have never fallen in a river or creek with chest waders on so I don't know what happens. Look at this as good news Coolhand, I bought my first pair of chest waders in 1977 and have not fallen in yet so you may be safe too.

In the years before buying chest waders I did take a ride in Little Pine creek and Lycoming creek, both are PA. streams, while trying to wade in hip boots with plain rubber soles. Swimming with hip boots on was extremely difficult but I lived through both experiences. With chest waders I am safe because I never look down while wading. Looking down at the moving water tends to mess with your balance. With hip boots I was always looking down to see how close I was to the top of the boot and this caused problems. A good rule for chest waders is don't go too deep and when wading in heavy water use a Folstaff or similar.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;