View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 07:36 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking a dunk with waders on

I've fallen in with chest waders on. The first time was 30 plus years ago. I had heavy rubber waders, and fell into a stream. I tried to stand up completely, and fell over again. Of course induced an immediate panic, and I tried to stand once again. The waders were completely open at the top, and big. They were filled with water, and it never ocured to me that trying to stand with all of that weight in there was causing me to fall. I finally stood, and was able to walk to shore with the waders filled with water. Once there, I removed my vest and peeled the waders off. If I had pulled the chest portion of the waders down while in the stream, standing and wading would have been much easier! I've worn only breathable waders for the past 10 years, and they fit well enough not to allow water in. I still fall sometimes, and a couple years ago, I fell over while getting out of my canoe. We were in a few inches of water, and I stepped on a slippery stone with one feet still in the canoe......

One video is worth a thousand words, so here ya go:
***Watch the end of the video. The guy dumps the PFD, and swims around with the chest waders on.