Thread: Sharkskin
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 10:14 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sharkskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougm View Post
Only a fool would try to discredit a new line unless they have a personal agenda...

Dougm
Nice informercial Doug, but that's just one guy's opinion. And, only a fool would write about a line that he has only fished for 3 weeks and call it the "biggest happening in fly fishing since the graphite fly rod." Then put someone down for asking a question about it. And personal agenda? Come on Doug, get real.
And from your report-"Of course, a wise man will never mention he is using a Sharkskin, only the man who plays the fool." If the shoe fit's.

For the price they want for it, we'll see in a year if it's as really as big as you say it is.
Although I've only cast it for less than a day, I'm not that impressed, but then again I'm no "pro" writer/instructor/all around nice guy like you.
I'll be the first to admit, it does shoot great, floats good, but not that good to command $100 price tag. I'll stick with Rio. A Windcutter II, Gold, Trout Selective, Accelerator. Never had a problem with floatation, casting long distance or short casts either with Rio. I've also discussed this line with 2 flyshop owners that have fished it when they got of the same line this past summer from SA. One remark was he hated the sound it made through the guides, (although I've read some people like it, some hate it and others don't notice it) another comment was how it chewed up his finger when stripping it in. So tell us, how did it treat your fingers? And what will it eventually do to your guides- even though you say (or SA says) it has reduced friction through the guides. That's shooting the line through them. How is it when you strip it in, against the "shark teeth''?
Like I said we'll see in a year.
Sharkskin- what a concept. Or is it a gimmick?
Although I doubt I'll buy it in the near future, I will try it again. I won't rule that out. But I don't think I'll change my non professional mind.